Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Quinoa - Eating Healthy

I have been trying to eat healthier lately. I have "discovered" quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wa). It actually isn't a grain as rice is, but a seed.

I have a favorite Indian recipe I love. I tried using quinoa instead of rice, and I loved it! It has a lot of goodies in it:

Pulao (Rice With Mixed Vegetables)


I did it just like the recipe except for a couple of things:

  • I did not add the spicy peppers (I didn't add them when I used rice either).
  • You have to rinse and soak quinoa, unless the package says it is pre-rinsed. Mine did, but I still soaked it for a while.
  • I added the quinoa (and spices) to the onions after they were fried, then cooked them for a couple of minutes.
  • Instead of a tomato, I used a can of tomatoes with no salt added.
  • Instead of adding water, I used Chicken Broth with no salt added.
  • I increased the liquid since I had more tomatoes and potatoes than the original recipe.


It is yummy! Let me know how you like it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home