Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Quick and Easy Indian style Quinoa

In my previous post, I shared a link of an Indian rice recipe where I used Quinoa instead of rice. I love it, but today I just wanted a quick version of it, without cutting up onion and potatoes, so I came up with this. You can make it with or without the tomato, but I love tomatoes.

Indian Recipe I borrowed from: Pulao (Rice With Mixed Vegetables)

Quick and Easy Indian style Quinoa


1/3 cup Quinoa
2 tbsp. oil
2 tsp. Cumin Seeds
1/2 tsp. Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tomato, diced
1 cup Chicken Broth, no salt added

Rinse Quinoa if package does not say pre-rinsed. Soak Quinoa for 15-20 minutes. Drain all water.
Add oil to pan, heat on medium-medium high heat.
Add Quinoa, Cumin Seeds, Turmeric Powder, salt, and tomato.
Cook 5 minutes or so.
Add Chicken Broth. Heat to high. When it is boiling, lower heat to low, and cover for 20-25 minutes.

Yummy, and a quick, filling meal. I can eat this whole thing myself, so if you have more than one person, I would double it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home